Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'm Still (Mostly) Here

Dearest Reader,

How are you? I have thought of you often. I'm sorry I've been away from blogging for so long. The problem, of course, is time: full time job, part time job teaching kickboxing, second job writing and trying to get an agent, and the job of keeping up with life and house and friends and husband and animals.

Reader, I feel stuck and lost. My job is not a career. Depending on the season, it can be draining and stressful. Lately it's been pretty rough. I'm sure there are ways to minimize this, but it's not something I'm good at. I let everything cut too deep: every rude comment by a stranger, every sad phone call. I make everything personal and it takes its toll.

I am querying my YA novel. I am writing a new middle grade novel. I am tentatively starting to plot the potential sequel to the YA novel--just in case.

I don't know how to do this. How to be a writer with a job and a relatively normal life. How to have the life I want. How to ask for help. I want to be self sufficient. I want to succeed on my own merits. I don't want to need help.

Well, it's been a long winter. Maybe as the ground thaws, things will change again. And for the better. I can't stand stagnation, even though change can be hard.

Maybe I'll blog more. I've missed you. I hope you missed me too.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment